The review of the Gay.com dating site is below.
Category Reviewed: Gay Dating
Updated: July 2011
Membership Types: Free & Paid
- Gay Men
- 14,500+ members online when we checked.
- Millions of members worldwide. (No actual number on site.)
- You can chat for free in one chat room at a time. Premium members can chat in multiple chat rooms.
- In the first 7 of 42 topical chat rooms for men, there were approx. 580 chatters when we checked.
- Gay.com is predominantly a site for homosexual men. There are lesbian members – 62 women were chatting in the women’s chat rooms, when we logged in.
- Free members can send 5 emails a day.
- Can see when someone was last online.
- All members can see profiles. Profiles have info such as HIV status, how out someone is, and what they’re looking for (ie. friendship, love/relationship, action/sex, conversation, ask me). Those with premium memberships can also give more detailed information about their interests, endowment etc.
- The only downside I can come up with, and it’s not much, is that free members can only see thumbnail-sized photos on profiles.
- While premium members have access to all video on the site, free members can also watch some videos.
- Upgrade to a premium membership and receive one-year subscription to Out magazine. (Offer was good as of July 2, 2011.)